Cement Seagulls, etc.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Food Choices:

One of the first things anyone works in a office realizes is that its hard not to talk about food. Everyone can relate to it.. because we all eat it, and most of the time.. people at work are hungry. In Yakima, we used to have huge conversations about food during our morning meetings, that would really go on longer than necessary.
The other thing about food and work is that, where I work, since most of us take working lunches (or breakfasts, in my case), you always get to smell and see what other people are eating. This leads to a lot of envy.. and in many cases judgement. Is not nice but, sometimes i ask my self.. why my boss drinks a frappachino, and has 10 cigarettes in a morning, or why the woman who's 150 lbs overweight goes on a burger run. The truth is.. we all have our vices.. and its not for meet to judge.. or at least.. its not for me to say anything.
However.. my co-worker is not of the same opinion. One day this week.. i was terminally exhausted.. and had to make a coffee shop run.. returning with a hot chocolate (hate coffee).. and a cherry turnover. Yes.. not a calorie light breakfast to be sure.. but I needed something.. and wheat grass juice was not going to get it done. But upon returning to my desk.. and proceding to work.. unlike my co-worker.. he says to me "my god.. how many calories are in that?.. you'll have to run for like 4 hours." WHO does that? Come on.. obvliously.. its not the smartest choice.. but most days I bring yogert w/ granola and fruit.. so what if I want to pig out for once? I guess I could just take it as a sign that he likes me and wants me to be healthy.. but I think maybe its his way to feel superior.. by knocking my choice.. just like I feel superior than the coffee drinkers.. who I know are getting addicted to their daily caffeene fix.. with sugar and cream.. or the smokers with their daily nicotine sticks. But at least I keep it to myself.

Unless they're reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home