Cement Seagulls, etc.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New Digs

After a year and a half in a very nice high rise (by albuquerque standards) apartment, I'm finally moving out.
Renting a room in a house with a 29 year old wildland firefighter. Found it on Craig's List and the guy was nice and the house was nice so I decided to go through with it.
While I loved the layout and comforts of my apartment, it was just too darn expensive, and since I want to get out of here in 16 months with some freedom to wait for the job I want, it just seemed like the right thing to do.. since I'll be saving about 400 bucks a month.
The funny thing is.. while I loved living alone, I think just being in the same house as someone else will motivate me to be cleaner, eat healthier, and get out more. Since I haven't been seeing anyone lately, there hasn't been much reason for me to clean up the place.. and its getting out of hand.

But in case my new roommate turns out to be psycho and chops me up into little bits with his firefighting ax, I will miss you all.