Cement Seagulls, etc.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Wednesday's Thoughts

News: Its all about illness. The Pope, Terri and Jerry Fallwell. Normally I'm a very sympathetic person, I can feel for anyone. But I really don't feel bad for Jerry Fallwell, I think, maybe he's getting what he diserves. All the times I ever see him he's talking about all the people he hates: Muslims, Gays, anything not conservative and christian. Who knows what that guy has ahead of him.

TV: Watched the tape of American Idol. Its down to three people in my book. But every season I think there's about three people worthwhile.. and only two of the three make it. Carrie was phenomenal, Vonzell was great, Nikko was good.. everyone else.. CRAP!

Movies: Watched The Incredibles at the dollar theater. Acutally one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Great visual style, great storyline, and surprisingly great action. Compare it to Spiderman 2, which some people thought was the best superhero movie ever. I thought the action sequences, the sound and the look of everything was twice as good. It was really a movie more for grown-ups, with a few great lines (Mr. Increadible goes off on his kid's 4th grade graduation and the bad guys joking about taking shots). But the best part was the pacing. The movie really takes time to get where it wants to go, instead of having this kind of ADD attitude that you have to have something wildly interesting at every moment. Highly recommend it.

Sports: Increadibly slow week in sports until this weekend. So for those of you monitoring the progress.. here's a picture of the progress at the new Reser Statium at Oregon State University.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home