Cement Seagulls, etc.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Doctor is in, 5 Cents

There are a lot of people up watching the news at 5:30 in the Morning. I know this because they call me. All the time. For no reason.

For the record, TV Newsrooms are not radio call in shows, counseling services, encyclopedias, almanacs, tv guide, ABC Headquarters, the government, etc.

Today a woman called me on the desk early. The conversation started very nice. She wanted to comment on a story we did about an unlicensed dentist who got busted. She didn't have a comment on the story, she just wanted to tell me that there are a lot of people who can't afford dental services because they're not covered by medicare. Fine, point taken, I told her I'd pass her concern along. But it didn't stop. She starts talking about the problems she had with her dentist. Apparently he put in a bad crown or bridge or something and she was in immense pain, and when she went to the low cost dental clinic to get a new dentist to fix it they told her to basically deal with it. Terrible! "Is there something we can help you with?" i ask. She starts up again.. about how terrible it is that society doesn't provide dental coverage, and how badly they treated her and how she's educated but can't work because she has MS.. and this is a travesty....
"Mamm, is there somehow we can HELP you?" She continues.. this time about how corrupt this place where she had the work done.. and what's she supposed to do now.. and my god.. she's educated.. how is it possible that educated people can't get dental coverage. We're at like 10 minutes here. "Mamm, I'm sorry, I can't listen to your dental problems all morning.. how can we..." CLICK.
10 minutes of my life I will never get back.


To Waste 10 minutes of your life watch this link, totally hilarious.
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2667497 (warning strong language)

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Michael said...

People do that to me too, except I'm standing there. It's harder to hang up on somebody in person.

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have clients that do that too me too... I listened to this womans life story the other day (she caught me at 4:55pm and I ended up sitting on the phone till 6pm with her) then she preceded to call me up the next day and try to tell me the same story over again (luckily I had court).... damn meth addicts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home